Brussels Airlines is currently selling its premium economy flights from London to Kigali in Rwanda for just £495 (~€576). The whole thing is made possible by a stopover in Brussels of at least 24 hours on the way there, as this reduces the British air passenger tax from £176 (~€205) to £13 (~€15).
The fare is available for travel from April to May 2023 and September to March next year. In premium economy, you get wider seats with more legroom, 2x 23 kg baggage allowance, a higher mileage credit and more.
In addition to London, departing from Manchester for £495 (~€576) and Birmingham for £510 (~€593) is also an option.
In the case of plan changes, unfortunately, a rebooking fee of £180 (~€209) is due, plus the price difference. It is not possible to change the departure or destination airport.
You can use the following form to be forwarded directly to booking the multi-stop connection on the website of Brussels Airlines or Lufthansa. Note the travel period is from April to May and September 2023 to March 2024:
When choosing a connection, you must ensure that there are at least 24 hours between arrival in Brussels and the onward flight to Kigali.
A similar offer is also available to nearby Bujumbura (Burundi):
The long-haul flight is operated with an Airbus A330. In premium economy, it offers a 2-3-2 seating arrangement with a 97 cm seat pitch. On the way back, the plane makes a short stop in Entebbe, Uganda. All feeder flights are in economy class.
Search & Book
There is no expiry date mentioned in the fare rules. Therefore, we cannot tell you how long the offer will remain valid. The minimum stay requirement is 8 days, and you can spend a maximum of 12 months at the travel destination. But remember that a visa is required for Rwanda. It should be available for US$50 (~€47) for a stay of up to 30 days – or for US$70 (~€65) if you want to stay up to 90 days.
To find available dates, it is best to use Google Flights (instructions) and search for a round trip there first. With the connection you found, all you have to do is move the outward flight from Great Britain forward by at least one day, so that you have a 24-hour stay in Brussels.
You can then use the MultiStop search on Lufthansa.com or BrusselsAirlines.com to book. This has become particularly easy with the new Lufthansa website. Alternatively, you can also use our form above, which will redirect you to the old search mask.
The tickets are issued in booking class N, feeders in Y. The following mileage credits await you:
- 12,450 Kilometers on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 10,406 Miles on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 9,106 Points on SAS EuroBonus
- 8,906 Miles on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 8,906 Miles on Avianca LifeMiles
- 8,560 Award Miles + 1,630 PQP on United MileagePlus
- 8,452 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 8,342 Miles on Asiana Club
- 8,342 Miles on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 8,342 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 8,342 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 8,342 Miles on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 5,970 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 4,386 Miles on South African Voyager
- 1,602 Award Miles + 10,406 Tier Miles on Miles&More
- 1,602 Award Miles + 200 Points on Miles&More 2024
- 1,500 Miles on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 544 Miles on EgyptAir Plus
- 436 Award Miles on Etihad Guest
- 436 Miles on TAP Miles & Go
- 434 Miles on Air India Flying Returns
Hotel prices in Kigali usually start at roughly €70, but can quickly rise to over €80 if you want to stay in a good location. Whichever category and hotel you opt for, make sure to get the best price! Our recommendation is to search on booking.com, or even on our own Travel-Dealz hotel search:
Cover Picture: © Brussels Airlines