When searching for a comfortable place to sleep, a popular luxury hotel chain is the so-called InterConti. In most InterContinental hotels, prices of over €250 per night are common, or even more. However, we have now found the cheapest InterContis in the world: 10 hotels which cost up to €110. Many attractive destinations are on the list, such as South Korea, Malaysia, Qatar, Indonesia, Vietnam, and even the USA. Sadly, none of these hotels is located in Europe.
For attractivity, we’ve excluded some hotels from this list, e.g. hotels in non-touristic cities in China or hotels in the Middle East during the unbearably hot summer.
These are currently the cheapest InterContinental hotels in the world:
- InterContinental Alpensia Pyeongchang Resort, South Korea, starting at ₩115,236 (~€81)
- InterContinental Presidente Guadalajara, Mexico starting at US$92 (~€86)
- InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, starting at MYR 436 (~€87)
- InterContinental Cali, Colombia, starting at US$101 (~€95)
- InterContinental Doha – The City, Qatar, starting at QAR 387 (~€100)
- InterContinental San Salvador-Metrocentro Mall, El Salvador, starting at US$108 (~€101)
- InterContinental Bandung Dago Pakar, Indonesia, starting at US$111 (~€104)
- InterContinental Presidente Puebla, Mexico, starting at US$116 (~€109)
- InterContinental Grand Ho Tram, Vietnam, starting at US$117 (~€110)
- InterContinental Saint Paul Riverfront, USA, starting at US$119 (~€112)
We’re not saying that you can get these prices on any night, and it’s also possible that we may have missed a hotel, as it was more expensive on all dates that we checked.
Here you can see all mentioned hotels on a map:
You can make even more out of your stays by purchasing the InterContinental Ambassador status, which gives you two vouchers for free weekend nights and all benefits of IHG Rewards One Platinum Elite status:
Unlike the other luxury brands, the list of cheapest InterContinental hotels includes quite a few interesting destinations, such as Cali, Kuala Lumpur, San Salvador, and Doha. However, while the list of cheapest 5-star Marriotts could be kept below €75, the world’s cheapest InterConti already starts at €81. So, while this is a list of the cheapest hotels of the brand, most of them still aren’t really that cheap.
Cover Picture: Ditmar Lange