Oneworld carrier Iberia currently sells tickets from Amsterdam to Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic with an attractive price tag. If you are willing to change planes twice in Madrid and Miami, you can cross the Atlantic twice in Iberia’s or American Airlines’ business class for just €1,170. Other European departure airports are possible, as well.
You can find these tickets with departure from:
- Amsterdam at €1,170
- Frankfurt at €1,177
- Milan at €1,256
- Rome at €1,261
- Dublin at €1,303
- Brussels at €1,398
- Lisbon at €1,449
- London at €1,493 (~£1,280)
You can use our Go2 form to search flights easily, it will forward you to Iberia where these tickets are available. You can find departures at the lowest fare in February and March 2023.
The itinerary includes two stops each way – one in Madrid and one in Miami. You will fly Iberia’s European Business from Amsterdam to Madrid (actually one of the better soft products on the continent), then continue across the Atlantic in a lie-flat seat. Between Miami and Santo Domingo, a Boeing 737 with domestic first seating (2-2) will host you.
Iberia is one of the few airlines that has the same product across its entire long-haul fleet. A positive is that every seat has direct access to the aisle. The seats which are directly next to the window (in every 2nd row) offer especially high privacy. In total, it’s a very good product, as Travel-Dealz founder Johannes could witness on his short test flight on an A340.
Search & Book
The fare rules give no information about a sales or travel period for these tickets. You need to stay at least a week at your destination to get the lowest fare.
Sadly, Google Flights does not preview the fares reliably, so your best bet is the ITA Matrix (instructions). While the tool displays more availabilities, only tickets for February and March departures are actually on sale. You can use the dates retrieved there and buy tickets on iberia.com.
Tickets for all flight segments are booking class I. Oneworld frequent flyers can earn the following mileage:
- 29,804 Points on Finnair Plus
- 26,506 Award Miles + 15,858 Elite Qualifying Miles on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 15,858 Award Miles + 2,548 Tier Miles on Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer
- 15,858 Avios + 124 Qpoints on Qatar Privilege Club
- 15,858 Miles on Royal Jordanian Royal Club
- 15,858 Miles on SriLankan FlySmiLes
- 15,432 AsiaMiles + 220 Club Points on Asia Miles
- 13,310 Award Miles on LATAM Pass
- 12,770 Points + 28 Elite Points on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 7,454 Miles on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 6,410 Avios + 1,380 Elite Points on Iberia Plus
- 6,236 Miles on American AAdvantage
- 5,258 Avios + 440 Tier Points on British Airways Executive Club
- 2,548 Award Miles on Etihad Guest
- 2,122 Miles on GOL Aéreos Smiles
To check out different departure airports, you can use our mileage calculator:
Hotel prices in Santo Domingo usually start at roughly €40, depending on the hotel category. Whichever category and hotel you opt for, make sure to get the best price! Our recommendation is to search on booking.com, or even on our own Travel-Dealz hotel search:
Cover Picture: Photo by Alessandro Gober on Unsplash