SkyTeam member KLM‘s flight plan features a flight from Amsterdam to Jakarta, Indonesia with a stop in Malaysian capital Kuala Lumpur. Since the airline owns fifth freedom rights for the last leg, it may sell tickets for the trip between Kuala Lumpur and Java. Currently, business class tickets for these flights sell as low as €203 for a roundtrip. A rare opportunity to fly lie-flat business for little money. Sadly, this is a business class light fare, not including lounge access.
Our availability calendar highlights all possible flight dates at the lowest price for trips up to 28 days. It will forward you to KLM with your preselected flight dates, where the cheapest tickets are sold.
Tickets in the opposite direction cost €366 – a decent fare, but not the bargain you get when starting from Malaysia.
One-way tickets to Indonesia at €117
Oneways from Kuala Lumpur cost as little as €117, while the airline charges €205 for oneway tickets from Jakarta. All prices mentioned are economy light fares.
KLM uses a Boeing 777-300ER for flights between Amsterdam and Jakarta, which means it will also fly the two-hour roundtrips between Malaysia and Indonesia. While you won’t receive the long-haul food service, you still enjoy KLM’s lie-flat seats.
By now, modern seats have also become the norm at KLM. Its business class is definitely not a bad choice, also thanks to the good service. Like many other airlines, the Boeing 787 always has the newest business class seats installed.
Search & Book
The fare rules don’t specify a sales period, but a travel period from October 2023 through March 2024. While there is no minimum stay, you need to purchase tickets at least 30 days in advance to get the lowest fare.
KLM issues these tickets in booking class Z. Due to the short flight, it’s rather fit to earn segments than miles:
- 2,808 RDM + 2,106 MQM on Delta SkyMiles
- 2,808 Award Miles + 40 Tier Points on Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- 2,808 RDM + 422 MQD on Delta SkyMiles 2024
- 2,500 Miles on Aeromexico Club Premier
- 2,106 Miles on MEA Cedar Miles
- 1,756 Miles on Aerolíneas Argentinas AerolíneasPlus
- 1,756 Miles on CSA OK Plus
- 1,756 Miles on Saudia Alfursan
- 1,756 Miles on Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles
- 1,756 Miles on Korean Air Skypass
- 1,756 Miles on Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles
- 1,756 Miles on GOL Aéreos Smiles
- 1,756 Miles on Air Europa Suma
- 1,756 Award Miles on Etihad Guest
- 1,404 Points on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
Cover Picture: © KLM