Oneworld carrier LATAM is offering cheap roundtrip tickets from Barcelona to Lima at the moment. Prices are starting at €513 for the nonstop flights. Checked luggage is not included as this is LATAM’s light fare. For $55 / €50 per way you can add checked luggage.
Search & Book
- October 1 to December 12, 2019
- December 25, 2019 to June 30, 2020
- October 1 to December 31, 2019
- January 18 to June 30, 2020
There is limited availability until the end of the year but from January 2020 availability is great! The deal expires September 15, 2019.
You can find dates via Google Flights (instructions). You can then go ahead and book via our Travel-Dealz search if you only travel with hand luggage or are looking for the cheapest prices. If you are travelling with checked luggage or you want to be on the safe side in case of problems, book directly via LATAM. We recommend booking the Plus fare instead of the Light fare as this will not only include checked luggage but also seat selection and better booking terms.
Why is booking with an airline better than with an online travel agency?
More often than not, online travel agencies offer lower fares than airlines do. We still recommend booking with the airlines directly. There are two main reasons for that:
Better Customer Service
In case any problems like delays, cancellations or missed connections arise, you can communicate directly with the airline. The airline has to take care of you because you have a contract with them.
If a travel agency issues your ticket, you may have to reach out to them first. You also depend on your OTA to forward information like flight changes instead of receiving them directly from the airline. In many cases, you may get a prime exhibition of responsibility shifting rather than problem-solving.
This especially applies to premium tickets. You don’t want to spend more than €1,000 to wind up with some budget OTA’s telephone hotline in case anything goes wrong.
Baggage and Other Fees
Economy fares not including hold luggage are industry standard by now. In most cases, travel agencies charge much higher baggage fees than the airlines themselves. If bags are not included in your fare, airlines are often the cheaper alternative.
This also applies to other things like food services, insurances or priority treatment. In almost all cases, you pay less for additional amenities when booking on the airlines’ website.
Tickets are issued in booking class A. Most frequent flyer programs will credit the distance flown with 25% but there are some exceptions as you can see in the following table:
- 18,652 Miles on Royal Jordanian Royal Club
- 12,434 Points on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 10,006 Points on Finnair Plus
- 3,730 Miles on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 3,108 Avios on British Airways Executive Club
- 3,108 Avios on Qatar Privilege Club
- 3,108 RDM + 12,434 MQM on Delta SkyMiles
- 3,108 Award Miles on Miles&More
- 3,108 Avios on Iberia Plus
- 3,108 Miles on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 3,108 Award Miles on Miles&More 2024
- 3,108 Award Miles + 50 Tier Points on Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- 3,108 RDM + 622 MQD on Delta SkyMiles 2024
Thanks to our source: Flynous
Cover Picture: Image by ygrrr from Pixabay