You can enjoy 30 nights on MSC Sinfonia while exploring the Middle East, the Seychelles, Mauritius and Reunion cheaply. Depending on where will you deboard an inside cabin starts at €1,519/€1,679. An outside cabin would cost you €1,949 or €2,049. You can deboard in either Durban or Cape Town, South Africa.
It is best to read the current MSC Cruises regulations regarding Covid on the ship in advance. Among other things, you must wear mouth and nose protection in all public areas if you are not in your seat. You must have proof that you have been vaccinated or have recovered. Individual shore leave is possible again but depends on the regulations of the ports.
Cruises booked until the end of May can be changed flexibly, but a fare difference may apply.
The fare includes taxes and fees except for the (de facto compulsory) service fee which adds €10/night/person. You may get a discount on the cruise price if you are a Voyagers Club member.
You can use the buffet restaurant all day which includes meals, a few juices, water and coffee. Usually, you would need to pay for any other drinks (from bars, in the room), but some fares include drink packages. If they don’t, and you’d like to treat yourself with drinks, you can either buy a drink package or buy onboard.
The cruise will start in Venice. This is the route the ship will take:
- November 16: Venice, Italy (17:00)
- November 17: Split, Croatia (08:00-18:00)
- November 18: Day at sea
- November 19: Katakolon, Greece (near Olympia, 07:00-17:00)
- November 20: Day at sea
- November 21-22: Through Suez Canal
- November 23: Sokhna, Egypt (near Cairo, 06:00-21:00)
- November 24: Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt (09:00-20:00)
- November 25: Safaga, Egypt (06:00-21:00)
- November 26: Day at sea
- November 27: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia (07:00-18:00)
- November 28-December 2: At sea
- December 3-4: Mahé, Seychelles
- December 5-6: At sea
- December 7-8: Port Louis, Mauritius
- December 9: Pointe des Galets, La Réunion (08:00-18:00)
- December 10-12: At sea
- December 13: Durban, South Africa (07:00-18:00)
- December 14-15: At sea
- December 16: Cape Town, South Africa (07:00)
Built in 2015, the MSC Sinfonia measures 275 meters in length and 32 meters in width. 700 crew members look after the 2,700 passengers onboard. Across its 13 floors, you can find everything you need. Theater, spa, gym, shopping facilities, restaurants, pools, jacuzzis, jogging track or even a golf simulator – you will enjoy your time on this ship.
Getting to & From
You can get to Venice very easily with several low-cost flights from different cities.
From Durban, Turkish Airlines offers flights to all around Europe, starting at €322. From Cape Town, there are some flights under €400 too. The cheapest is Ethiopian to London at just ZAR 5,520 (~€273) two days after the cruise.
Cover Picture: MSC Sinfonia © MSC Cruises S.A.