Star Alliance member Singapore Airlines and Oman Air match prices for Business Class flights between Paris and Manila, going as low as €1,497 for a roundtrip. Both fares require a layover at the respective airlines’ hub.
Oman Air operates a Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner between Paris and Muscat. An Airbus A330-300 will take you onwards to Manila. If you choose Singapore Airlines, the entire trip will be Boeing 777-300 service.
Search & Book
Singapore Airlines flights are a bit easier to find, but harder to get. They are displayed accurately by Google Flights, so you can easily retrieve flight dates there (instructions). Afterwards, you can enter them on skyscanner or Singapore Airlines’ website.
According to fare rules, your stay in Manila has to be at least seven days long and may not exceed three months. Further, Singapore Airlines limits this sale to the following travel periods:
- October 28 – December 15, 2019
- January 6 – February 5, 2020
- February 24 – March 28, 2020
Availability is especially good during the last travel period. While it may run out of availability earlier, this offer will be available until July 2, 2019.
Oman Air’s fare rules offer less restrictions, but shorter availability as well. Travel must commence before Decmber 15, 2019 and has to be at least five days long. Further, it may not exceed three months. Unfortunately, these flights are not displayed correctly by Google Flights. This may result in a bit of clicking on Oman Air’s website, but there is no question that price is worth it.
Availability is still pretty good, so you should be able to find flights quickly for autumn dates.
Singapore Airlines issues tickets in booking class D. This is a generous booking class, granting at least 125% of distance miles as award mileage in most Star Alliance frequent flyer programs:
- 32,560 Award Miles + 16,280 Elite Qualifying Miles on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 24,420 Points on SAS EuroBonus
- 20,350 Miles on Asiana Club
- 20,350 Miles on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 20,350 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 20,350 Award Miles + 16,280 Tier Miles on Avianca LifeMiles
- 20,350 Miles on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 20,350 Miles on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 20,350 Miles on TAP Miles&Go
- 20,350 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 20,350 Award Miles + 400 Tier Points on Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- 20,350 CV Points on Vistara Club Vistara
- 20,350 Miles on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 20,350 Miles on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 20,350 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 20,350 Miles on Egyptair Plus
- 16,280 Miles on Miles&More
- 16,280 Award Miles + 2,492 PQP on United MileagePlus
- 16,280 Award Miles + 480 Points on Miles&More 2024
- 16,280 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 16,280 Points on JetBlue TrueBlue
Oman Air tickets are issued in booking class R. Since the carrier is not part of any alliance, you won’t get miles in too many programs. But Oman Air Sindbad and Etihad Guest members will get some nice rewards:
- 22,744 Award Miles on Etihad Guest
- 18,954 Award Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
Information & Tips for Philippines
The Philippines is a Southeast Asian country in the Western Pacific and comprises more than 7,000 islands. In the capital, Manila, there is a famous waterfront promenade and a centuries-old Chinatown called Binondo.
Best Time to Visit
The Philippines are most popular during the dry season, between November and April. At this time the country is fully accessible, including its many beautiful islands and more remote areas. Temperatures are high during March and April, so it’s best to travel during the cooler months of December to February.
Entry & Visa
Since 2013, if you are from a EU country you don’t need a visa if your planned stay in the Philippines is 30 days or less. Citizens from 157 countries can now enter the Philippines visa-free.
→ All Dealz for Philippines
Information & Tips for Manila
Manila, the capital of the Philippines, is a densely populated city. It is located on a bay on the island of Luzon. Here Spanish colonial architecture blends with modern skyscrapers.
Best Time to Visit
Best time to visit Manila is from November to March. The summer months which are from April to June are quite hot and humid and are not preferable to roam in the city.
→ All Dealz for Manila
Cover Picture: © Singapore Airlines