IHG is one of the most popular and biggest hotel chains, with thousands of hotels worldwide. But we wanted to take a look at what the chain has to offer in its home country – the United Kingdom. In fact, there are over 350 IHG hotels in the UK – and these are the 10 cheapest:
- Holiday Inn Express Swindon – West M4, Jct 16 starting at £43 (~€50)
- Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen Airport starting at £44 (~€51)
- Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre starting at £45 (~€52)
- Holiday Inn Express Droitwich Spa starting at £45 (~€52)
- Holiday Inn Express Inverness starting at £45 (~€52)
- Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes starting at £47 (~€55)
- Holiday Inn Express Burnley M65, Jct.10 starting at £48 (~€56)
- Holiday Inn Washington starting at £48 (~€56)
- Holiday Inn Express Preston – South starting at £48 (~€56)
- Holiday Inn Express Doncaster starting at £52 (~€60)
We do not claim that these hotels charge that price throughout the entire year. Also, we may have missed a hotel due to it being more expensive on all dates that we checked.
Here you can see all mentioned hotels on a map:
While the most expensive hotel on this list is still cheaper than the cheapest UK Hilton, almost none of these hotels have a strong appeal. Doncaster and Inverness may be halfway popular destinations and staying at Aberdeen airport before an early flight may come in handy to some, but who’s dying to spend their holiday in Swindon or Burnley?
At least all of these Holiday Inn Express hotels will give you a free breakfast in the morning. Overall, these hotels are good options to earn cheap status nights if your IHG status is at risk – but not much more.
Cover Picture: © IHG