Finnair Plus will give you a 30% discount on the miles required for an award flight if you book by May 10, 2022. Finnair Plus has some nice sweet spots that are now even sweeter with that 30% discount, e.g. Copenhagen – Iceland business class round trips for 17,500 points. A business class ticket to the USA costs 56,000 points each way and starts at merely €112 in fees for the entire round trip.
Your trip has to take place before November 30, and you have to book the flights by May 10, 2022. The long-haul destinations are limited to:
- Northern Europe
- New York (only direct flights from/to Stockholm)
- Los Angeles (only direct flights from/to Stockholm)
- Europe (except Chania, Edinburgh, Alanya, Crete, Canary Islands, Madeira, Malaga, Naples, Mallorca, Porto, Rhodes, Verona, and Visby)
You can book oneway or roundtrip flights. Both are equally discounted. By the way, award flights can be rebooked free of charge up to 7 days before departure and one piece of luggage of up to 23 kg is included in economy class. In addition, Finnair only passes on the real taxes & fees, so you don’t have to pay a fuel surcharge or anything.
With that 30% discount, this is what you’d pay on this especially attractive routes:
|Within Northern Europe||10.500||17.500|
|Europe to Asia and North America||56.000||112.000|
The following (sometimes somewhat unusual) destinations are included in the Northern Europe region:
- St. Petersburg
In addition to all other destinations in continental Europe, Europe also includes Tel Aviv and Dubai (unfortunately we could not find any availability to Dubai). These are great sweet spots, especially in Business Class!
You can add a stopover in Helsinki on long-haul flights to North America and Asia.
The best highlights are:
- Business class round trip to Chicago for 112,000 points + €112
- Business class round trip to Bangkok for 112,000 points + €127
- Business class round trip to Reykjavík for 17,500 points + €58