Oneworld carrier American Airlines and Star Alliance member United Airlines compete for premium economy passengers between Milan and New York. American Airlines sells tickets for their nonstop flight to John F. Kennedy airport for €750, while United charges €830 for their service to Newark.
Most of our links will forward you to United Airlines. To get this redirect to work, you need to visit united.com at least once before.
Our availability calendar highlights all possible flight dates at the lowest price for trips up to 28 days. It will forward you to British Airways (for AA) und United with your selected flight dates. Select
JFK for flights with American or
EWR for flights with United.
Both airlines deploy Boeing 777-200 aircraft on this route, with a 2-4-2 seating in premium economy instead of the 3-4-3 in economy class.
Search & Book
Both airlines issue a very similar set of fare rules, as no expiration date is given and a minimum stay of six days or one night from Saturday to Sunday applies. You can find these fares in November 2023 and January through February 2024.
Google Flights shows you additional flight dates. As both airlines sell the cheapest tickets on their website, there is no need to hassle with online travel agencies.
American Airlines issues tickets in booking class P. The transatlantic roundtrip results in the following mileage:
- 12,826 Points on Finnair Plus
- 12,826 Kilometers on China Southern Sky Pearl Club
- 11,954 Miles on S7 Airlines Priority Club
- 9,962 Avios + 60 Qpoints on Qatar Privilege Club
- 9,962 Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 8,768 Miles on Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer
- 8,768 Miles on Royal Jordanian Royal Club
- 7,970 Avios + 180 TP on British Airways Executive Club
- 7,970 Avios + 850 TP on Iberia Plus
- 7,970 Award Miles + 50 Tier Miles on Asia Miles
- 7,970 Miles on American AAdvantage
- 7,970 Miles on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 7,970 Miles on SriLankan FlySmiles
- 7,970 Miles on GOL Aéreos Smiles
- 7,970 Miles on Etihad Guest
- 7,970 Miles on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
United Airlines tickets are booking class R. Star Alliance frequent flyers can earn the following miles:
- 11,586 Kilometers on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 7,998 Miles on Miles&More
- 7,998 Award Miles + 1,600 PQP on United MileagePlus
- 7,998 Miles on Asiana Club
- 7,998 Miles on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 7,998 Award Miles + 160 Points on Miles&More 2024
- 7,998 Award Miles + 800 Tier Miles on Azul TudoAzul
- 7,998 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 7,998 Miles on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 7,998 Points on SAS EuroBonus
- 7,998 Miles on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 7,998 Miles on TAP Miles & Go
- 7,998 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 7,998 Miles on Vistara Club Vistara
- 7,998 Miles on Avianca LifeMiles
- 7,998 Miles on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 7,998 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 7,998 Miles on South African Voyager
- 7,998 Miles on Air India Flying Returns
- 7,998 Miles on EgyptAir Plus
- 5,598 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 2,000 Avios on Aer Lingus AerClub
Hotel prices in New York usually start at roughly €140, depending on the hotel category. Whichever category and hotel you opt for, make sure to get the best price! Our recommendation is to search on booking.com, or even on our own Travel-Dealz hotel search:
Information & Tips for USA
The USA offers many sights, natural wonders and cultural significance. Thanks to numerous airlines offering flights across the Atlantic, it is always pretty inexpensive to get there. Alternatively, you can also cross the Atlantic by boat.
Immigration, ESTA & Visa Requirements
The USA has one of the strictest entry regulations in the world. Most EU citizens, among others, are lucky to be able to participate in the so-called Visa Waiver Program. If you get an electronic entry permit (ESTA) for approximately €20, you don’t need a visa for entry.
The Best Time to Visit
Due to its sheer size, the perfect time to visit the USA varies greatly from region to region. In winter, Florida is very popular due to the mild temperatures. In the summer the West and East Coasts are flooded by tourists which drives up the prices for hotels and flights and during the Indian Summer in late autumn New England is a very popular destination. The hurricane season between July and September can be dangerous in the Caribbean and the Gulf of Mexico. Florida and the southern states are regularly struck by these tropical storms. Blizzards occur from the East Coast to the Midwest during the winter months and regularly put air traffic and public life on hold.
The US dollar is widely used throughout the world and accepted as a currency in most tourist hotspots worldwide. That being said, carrying cash isn’t necessary in the US, all you need is a credit card! These are very common in the USA and are accepted pretty much everywhere without any issues. If you already have a credit card in your wallet, you should make sure that it does not charge a foreign currency fee if possible. Carrying a few dollars in cash doesn’t hurt though. You might need cash e.g. for the bus ticket if you want to buy it directly from the driver. Most of the time you even have to give exact change.
Finding the Best eSIM Plan
We’ve compared various eSIM providers, such as Knowroaming and Ubigi. To see which plan is best for your travel needs, and which network offers the best coverage, feel free to read our detailed guide:
The Best eSIM Plans for the USA 🇺🇸 Compared
→ All Dealz for USA
Information & Tips for New York
It is THE dream destination in the USA. The 5 districts of New York City offer more than any other metropolis in the world. And due to the high number of flights to New York, it is usually the cheapest way to get to the USA.
The Best Time to Travel
The best travel time with moderate temperatures is from April to June and from September to November. Summers can bring heat waves with high humidity. Winters are often snowy and very cold.
From the airport to the city
New York City is served by three commercial airports: John F. Kennedy Intl. Airport in Queens (probably the most famous), Newark Intl. Airport in Newark, New Jersey (which is not located in NYC, but serves the metropolitan area just like the others) and LaGuardia Airport also in Queens (which is closest to the city).
John F. Kennedy Intl. Airport
Public transport: From Manhattan by subway or LIRR to Jamaica (price varies from $2.75 – $10.00), continue with AirTrain to JFK ($6). Travel time 45 – 60 minutes.
Taxi: To Manhattan $52.50 (+ $5.50 toll), 45 – 90 minutes depending on traffic.
Newark Intl. Airport
Public transport: Almost $20 with a combination of AirTrain Newark and NJ Transit to Penn Station. Almost 45 minutes drive.
Taxi: To Manhattan $50 – $70 (+ $8 toll), journey time 35 – 60 minutes depending on traffic.
Public transport: LaGuardia is only served by buses, these are slow and don’t have much space to store luggage, but with $2,75 they are very cheap.
Taxi: To Manhattan $20 – $30, journey time 15 – 30 minutes depending on traffic.
→ All Dealz for New York
Cover Picture: © American Airlines