The British hotel chain Premier Inn is expanding strongly into Germany and has already opened more than 40 hotels in Germany. So far, the chain is relatively unknown in Germany – and therefore tries to draw attention to itself with absolutely competitive prices. You can stay in most hotels for €47-55 per night, and the availability of cheap dates is currently pretty good, especially in the winter and spring months.
The prices of Premier Inn hotels are often well below the local competition and with really good facilities.
The following Premier Inn hotels are currently available in Germany, with the respective starting prices:
- Braunschweig: Premier Inn Braunschweig City Centre starting at €55
- Cologne: Premier Inn Cologne City Sud starting at €55
- Darmstadt: Premier Inn Darmstadt City Centre starting at €55
- Freiburg: Premier Inn Freiburg City Sud starting at €55
- Hannover: Premier Inn Hannover City University starting at €55
- Heilbronn: Premier Inn Heilbronn City Centre Hotel starting at €55
- Karlsruhe: Premier Inn Karlsruhe City Am Wasserturm Hotel starting at €55
- Lubeck: Premier Inn Lübeck City Stadtgraben starting at €55
- Mannheim: Premier Inn Mannheim City Centre starting at €55
- Passau: Premier Inn Passau Weisser Hase Hotel starting at €55
- Regensburg: Premier Inn Regensburg City Centre Hotel starting at €55
- Wiesbaden: Premier Inn Wiesbaden City Centre starting at €55
- Wolfsburg: Premier Inn Wolfsburg City Centre starting at €55
- Wuppertal: Premier Inn Wuppertal City Centre starting at €55
Usually, this is even the price for a flex rate that can be cancelled up until 18:00 on the day of arrival. You don’t even have to enter a credit card when booking. However, in some cases, the rate is non-refundable, so make sure to take a closer look before booking.
Breakfast is not included in the price, but can be added for €16.90 per person per day. In the evenings, most hotels offer a pizza menu for around €10 per pizza.
In principle, up to two children under the age of 16 can stay for free in their parents’ room. Family rooms are available with sofa beds at no extra charge. A cot can also be booked for small children free of charge. Breakfast is also free for children when at least one adult pays for breakfast.
Most hotels are not completely new buildings but come from hotel portfolios that have been bought up. Before that, they belonged to another chain, e.g. Holiday Inn Express in Düsseldorf. However, the rooms are always completely renovated and adapted to Premier Inn facilities. There are also some new buildings, e.g. Hamburg City and Munich City. The Premier Inn hotels are mostly mid-range hotels in downtown locations or near trade fairs or airports.
Our Experience with Premier Inn
In September 2021 I stayed at the Premier Inn St. Pauli in Hamburg. The rooms are of a good size and are well-equipped (kettle, desk, two different pillows…). The whole hotel seemed very new and well-kept. Parking was possible in the underground car park for €1 per hour. Fair for the location.
The Premier Inn Düsseldorf City Center was particularly good in September 2023 due to its excellent cleanliness. This should be normal but is often not the case in cheap hotels. The bathroom (large shower, good layout, cleanliness) and the lobby with lots of comfortable seating options are also above average for this price segment.