Oneworld members British Airways and Iberia set some really attractive price tags on flights to many European destinations to/from London. Possibly the most interesting out of them is Madrid, which sees frequent widebody service mostly from Iberia with occasional BA service. You can fly on this route from €33 (~£28).
Checking a bag could increase the price by approximately €27-€35 depending on the flight. On the other flights on sale, BA offers a bag for just £13 (~€15) – £16 (~€19) extra per flight. You can select a seat in the premium economy section for €26 per flight assuming you don’t have any oneworld status.
There are four ways to fly:
- One-way from Madrid at €33
- One-way from London at €56 (~£48)
- Round-trip from London at €84 (~£72)
- Round-trip from Madrid at €84
Our availability calendar highlights all possible roundtrip flight dates at the lowest price for trips up to 14 days. It will forward you to Iberia or British Airways with your preselected flight dates.
If you’d travel one-way here are the available dates:
This sale also includes flights to the following cities (round-trip prices under €90 (~£77)):
- Dublin: £52 (~€61)
- Barcelona: £78 (~€91)
- Nice: £71 (~€83)
- Copenhagen: £74 (~€86)
- Glasgow: £58 (~€68)
- and more…
This is the schedule for Iberia’s widebody flights:
Madrid – London
IB 3162: 07:40 / 08:00 – 09:15 / 09:30, Usually A330
IB 3166: 15:45 / 15:50 – 17:15, A330 / A350
London – Madrid
IB 3175: 10:45 / 10:50 – 14:10 / 14:15, Usually A330
IB 3167: 18:45 – 22:10, A330 / A350
In economy, the biggest difference between the A330 and A350 is the configuration: It’s 2-4-2 in the older birds and 3-3-3 in the newer ones. if you buy a seat in the premium economy section, you’ll face a 2-3-2 config in the A330 and 2-4-2 in the A350.
Search & Book
The fare rules don’t specify an expiration date for these prices. You can book both one-way and return trips from/to London.
You can find availabilities to/from Madrid in our two availability calendars above, which will lead you to Iberia’s or British Airways’ websites. Google Flights (instructions) shows you availabilities for the other routes and you can use our Go2 browser extension.
The tickets are issued in booking class O. To give you an example, the round trips between London and Madrid would get you:
- 774 Avios + 10 Qpoints on Qatar Privilege Club
- 622 Points on Finnair Plus
- 388 Avios + 10 Tier Points on British Airways Executive Club
- 388 Avios + 40 Elite Points on Iberia Plus
- 388 Miles on American AAdvantage
- 388 Miles on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 388 Miles on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 388 Award Miles on LATAM Pass
- 388 Points + 4 Elite Points on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 388 Miles on Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer
- 388 Miles on Royal Jordanian Royal Club
- 388 Miles on SriLankan FlySmiLes
- 388 Avios on Aer Lingus AerClub
The mileage, however, can strongly differ depending on your route, so feel free to use our mileage calculator to see how much you’d earn:
Cover Picture: © Iberia