Swiss and Lufthansa are once again running an awesome companion sale for flights departing from the United Kingdom. You can book your return flight in first or business class to Asia, South America, Africa, or the Middle East at really low prices. First class prices, for instance, start at only £1,399 (~€1,628)! The only requirement is that you book for at least two passengers.
While general availability is not as outstanding as at the start anymore (especially in first class). But there are still a lot of bargains to be made.
This is a partner sale – you have to purchase tickets for at least two adults to get the quoted price.
Some routes are only operated by Lufthansa (e.g., Buenos Aires), but the best deals are for Swiss’ first class.
All prices are per person when booking for a party of two or more.
- Dubai at £1,399 (~€1,628)
- Delhi at £1,499 (~€1,744)
- Bangalore at £1,499 (~€1,744)
- Mumbai at £1,499 (~€1,744)
- Bangkok at £1,699 (~€1,977)
- Hong Kong at £1,799 (~€2,093)
- São Paulo at £1,799 (~€2,093)
- Singapore at £1,799 (~€2,093)
- Buenos Aires at £1,799 (~€2,093)
- Johannesburg at £1,799 (~€2,093)
- Cape Town at £1,799 (~€2,093)
- and more…
All prices are per person when booking for a party of two or more.
- Cairo at £499 (~€581)
- Amman at £499 (~€581)
- Tel Aviv at £499 (~€581)
- Dubai at £899 (~€1,046)
- Riyadh at £949 (~€1,104)
- Muscat at £999 (~€1,162)
- Nairobi at £999 (~€1,162)
- Bangalore at £999 (~€1,162)
- Mumbai at £999 (~€1,162)
- Delhi at £999 (~€1,162)
- Lagos at £999 (~€1,162)
- Bangkok at £1,099 (~€1,279)
- Bogotá at £1,199 (~€1,395)
- Singapore at £1,199 (~€1,395)
- Hong Kong at £1,199 (~€1,395)
- Johannesburg at £1,199 (~€1,395)
- Cape Town at £1,199 (~€1,395)
- São Paulo at £1,299 (~€1,511)
- Buenos Aires at £1,299 (~€1,511)
- Rio de Janeiro at £1,299 (~€1,511)
Tip: If you’re looking for another person in order to be eligible to book the companion special, you’re welcome to leave a comment. Alternatively, if you speak German, you can also visit our Travel-Dealz forum.
Since Lufthansa is phasing out more and more aircraft with a First Class cabin, we strongly recommend booking First Class flights with Swiss. This way, you dodge unpleasant surprises like downgrades.
Swiss offers a top notch first class product that won’t disappoint you. Especially the great service on board is really well. To get a better idea of what your flight could be like, check out our review:
Search & Book
According to the fare rules, you should be able to book your tickets until March 8, 2021. The offer is valid for trips commencing on or before February 7, 2022.
The availability of this deal is very good. Google Flights (instructions) mostly displays the correct prices in its calendar. Don’t forget to search for two persons, otherwise you won’t find the prices that we’re promoting here. We recommend booking directly on Swiss’ website or on Lufthansa’s website for business class flights.
Why is booking with an airline better than with an online travel agency?
More often than not, online travel agencies offer lower fares than airlines do. We still recommend booking with the airlines directly. There are two main reasons for that:
Better Customer Service
In case any problems like delays, cancellations or missed connections arise, you can communicate directly with the airline. The airline has to take care of you because you have a contract with them.
If a travel agency issues your ticket, you may have to reach out to them first. You also depend on your OTA to forward information like flight changes instead of receiving them directly from the airline. In many cases, you may get a prime exhibition of responsibility shifting rather than problem-solving.
This especially applies to premium tickets. You don’t want to spend more than €1,000 to wind up with some budget OTA’s telephone hotline in case anything goes wrong.
Baggage and Other Fees
Economy fares not including hold luggage are industry standard by now. In most cases, travel agencies charge much higher baggage fees than the airlines themselves. If bags are not included in your fare, airlines are often the cheaper alternative.
This also applies to other things like food services, insurances or priority treatment. In almost all cases, you pay less for additional amenities when booking on the airlines’ website.
Searching flights with Swiss gives you the advantage of a ready-made availability calendar:
Tickets for feeder flights in business class to Zurich will be issued in booking class J. once you’re sitting in first class, this changes to A. Consequently, the earning rate is more than decent. Here’s what a flight from London to Bangkok via Zurich can get you:
- 38,580 Kilometers on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 37,756 Miles on Miles&More
- 37,756 Award Miles + 680 Points on Miles&More 2024
- 35,756 Miles on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 35,752 Miles on Air New Zealand AirPoints
- 35,716 Miles on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 35,714 Miles on Air Malta Flypass
- 24,904 Points on SAS EuroBonus
- 24,904 Miles on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 24,464 Award Miles + 3,392 PQP on United MileagePlus
- 24,464 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 24,464 Miles on Air India Flying Returns
- 24,268 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 23,974 Miles on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 23,974 Miles on TAP Miles & Go
- 23,974 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 23,974 Miles on EgyptAir Plus
- 18,348 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 18,152 Miles on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 18,104 Miles on Asiana Club
- 18,104 Award Miles + 12,252 Tier Miles on Avianca LifeMiles
- 18,102 Miles on South African Voyager
- 17,858 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
If you’re traveling business class, tickets will be in booking class P. Here’s the outcome for the same example route:
- 22,208 Kilometers on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 17,236 Miles on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 14,408 Miles on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 14,308 Miles on Miles&More
- 14,308 Award Miles + 480 Points on Miles&More 2024
- 14,008 Points on SAS EuroBonus
- 13,808 Miles on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 13,808 Miles on Avianca LifeMiles
- 13,806 Miles on Air New Zealand AirPoints
- 13,788 Award Miles + 2,758 PQP on United MileagePlus
- 13,788 Miles on Asiana Club
- 13,788 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 13,788 Miles on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 13,788 Miles on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 13,788 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 13,788 Miles on TAP Miles & Go
- 13,788 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 13,786 Miles on Air India Flying Returns
- 13,786 Miles on South African Voyager
- 13,786 Miles on EgyptAir Plus
- 13,298 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 9,652 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
Lots of new availabilities unlocked today for FEB/2022, can only be found with ITA Matrix, not on Google Flights yet!
I have been looking into the companion sale and I just cannot get the prices to match anywhere near the numbers advertised.
I am searching the route for any 4 week window, London or Paris to Cape Town between July 1st and September 13th
I quickly looked into the dates you have been looking for, and you are right. It seems like for these dates, the companion fares are already sold out or not available at all.
A great deal, again, but Swiss takes forever until they reveal the cancellation penalty on the First Class tickets.
Good morning, would you be able to advise me of any deals in business or premium economy fares to medellin from london next year? many thanks.
Currently, we don’t have any active deal for Medellin. Generally, good fares to Medellin are quite rare since not many airlines fly there internationally. I would, therefor, recommend to check flights to Bogota as well.
You could always use our Telegram Bot to get notified once a new deal to the chosen destination emerges:
I want to go to SCL in March for a time of approx 15-20 days. I am up to now very flexible with the dates. Eventually I have a companion.
How ever I want es well to requalify for Senator this year. So besides the price the status miles are important for me as well?
Any proposal for my situation?
Hi Sebastian! Thanks for reaching out to us? At the moment, there are no deals to Santiago that we could recommend to you if you’re looking to re-qualify for M&M Senator. However, Lufthansa and Swiss have been promoting companion sales in the past that included Chile. Not sure how flexible you are regarding the airport of departure? Best thing would be to set up our bot (https://travel-dealz.eu/bot/). That way, you’ll be the first to know about a nice business or first class deals to SCL.
Oha, nein, bei mir ist es noch als “Gültig” gekennzeichnet.
Tatsächlich. Der Artikel bei Travel-Dealz.EU stand auf abgelaufen, die Weiterleitung auf Travel-Dealz.de aber noch auf gültig. Sollte jetzt passen – danke für den Hinweis.
Dieses Angebot scheint (leider!) abgelaufen zu sein… zumindest Tansania.
Ja, ist schon im Mai abgelaufen. Eigentlich sollte dir rechts oben im Titelbild auch “expired” angezeigt werden?
We are 4 guys travelling from Hamburg to Johannesburg or Capetown in Business or First
Jan 30th – Feb. 7th, 2020. Would appreciate info about specials
Thanks and regards Dieter
Hallo Dieter! Aktuell gibt es leider keine Angebote für Business oder First Class Flüge nach Südafrika ab Hamburg. Wenn ein anderer Abflughfaen in Frage kommt, ist die Auswahl vermutlich auch größer. Den Newsletter unserer deutsche Seite hast du schon abonniert? Sehr empfehlen kann ich dir auch unseren Schlagwort-Alarm: https://travel-dealz.de/bot/ Dadurch verpasst du nie mehr einen Deal, der für dich persönlich interessant ist.
from Fra to NBO
30 .11.2019 til 02.12.2019