Star Alliance carrier Lufthansa teams up with SriLankan Airlines or Indian carrier Vistara team up to bring you premium economy flights to Colombo for just SEK 7,926 (~€702). With a two changes of planes each way, you can reach the island during the early months of 2024 from both Stockholm and Gothenburg.
You can find the cheap tickets between January and June 2024. Since Google Flights and Lufthansa’s best price search are not very reliable previewing dates, you have to engage in trial and error when searching for these tickets. Our Go2 will forward you to Lufthansa with your selected flight dates.
We have sorted out connections with more than 20 hours travel time. If you don’t mind spending longer layovers, availability gets even broader.
Most itineraries see you fly Lufthansa to Munich in economy class before boarding an Airbus A350-900 to Bangalore. With their 2-3-2 seating in premium economy, these are some of the most spacious seats you can find in that travel class.
Sri Lankan airlines or Vistara take you from Bangalore onward to Sri Lanka, most likely in economy class (some Vistara planes feature a premium economy section). There are also flights with a stop in Bombay or Chennai. We recommend preferring flights via Bangalore, as the layovers are shorter and time spent with extra-legroom is longer.
Search & Book
The fare rules give no sales period for this deal. You need to stay at least eight days in Sri Lanka to get tickets at the lowest fare. There is availability from January through September 2024.
Since Google Flights and Lufthansa’s best price search are not very reliable previewing dates, you are reduced to trial and error when searching for these tickets. Booking directly on Lufthansa’s website is your best option.
Why is booking with an airline better than with an online travel agency?
More often than not, online travel agencies offer lower fares than airlines do. We still recommend booking with the airlines directly. There are two main reasons for that:
Better Customer Service
In case any problems like delays, cancellations or missed connections arise, you can communicate directly with the airline. The airline has to take care of you because you have a contract with them.
If a travel agency issues your ticket, you may have to reach out to them first. You also depend on your OTA to forward information like flight changes instead of receiving them directly from the airline. In many cases, you may get a prime exhibition of responsibility shifting rather than problem-solving.
This especially applies to premium tickets. You don’t want to spend more than €1,000 to wind up with some budget OTA’s telephone hotline in case anything goes wrong.
Baggage and Other Fees
Economy fares not including hold luggage are industry standard by now. In most cases, travel agencies charge much higher baggage fees than the airlines themselves. If bags are not included in your fare, airlines are often the cheaper alternative.
This also applies to other things like food services, insurances or priority treatment. In almost all cases, you pay less for additional amenities when booking on the airlines’ website.
The tickets of this deal are issued in the following booking classes:
Yfor Lufthansa Economy
Nfor Lufthansa Premium Economy
Lfor SriLankan Economy
Frequent flyers can earn the following mileage for the ticket linked in the screenshot:
- 15,776 CV Points on Vistara Club Vistara
- 11,378 Miles on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 11,378 Points on SAS EuroBonus
- 11,336 Award Miles + 1,992 PQP on United MileagePlus
- 11,336 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 11,336 Award Miles + 10,516 Tier Miles on Avianca LifeMiles
- 11,336 Miles on Egyptair Plus
- 10,926 Miles on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 10,680 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 10,516 Miles on Asiana Club
- 10,516 Miles on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 10,516 Miles on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 10,516 Miles on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 10,516 Miles on TAP Miles&Go
- 10,516 Award Miles on LATAM Pass
- 9,698 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 7,852 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 2,104 Award Miles + 11,378 Tier Miles on Miles&More
- 2,104 Award Miles + 200 Points on Miles&More 2024
- 882 Miles on SriLankan FlySmiLes
- 710 Points on Finnair Plus
- 706 Award Miles on Etihad Guest
- 500 Miles on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 442 AsiaMiles + 10 Club Points on Asia Miles
- 442 Avios + 20 Tier Points on British Airways Executive Club
- 442 Avios + 14 Qpoints on Qatar Privilege Club
- 442 Avios + 30 Elite Points on Iberia Plus
- 442 Miles on Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer
- 442 Miles on Royal Jordanian Royal Club
- 442 Points + 2 Elite Points on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 220 Miles on American AAdvantage
Hotel prices in Colombo usually start at roughly €30, depending on the hotel category. Whichever category and hotel you opt for, make sure to get the best price! Our recommendation is to search on booking.com, or even on our own Travel-Dealz hotel search:
Information & Tips for Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka, officially the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, is an island country in South Asia, located in the Indian Ocean to the southwest of the Bay of Bengal and the southeast of the Arabian Sea. The island is geographically separated from the Indian subcontinent by the Gulf of Mannar and the Palk Strait. The legislative capital, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte, is a suburb of the commercial capital and largest city, Colombo.
Best Time To Visit
The best time to visit the west and south coasts and hill country is from December to March, while the best weather on the east coast is from April/May to September.
Visa & Entry
EU citizens will need a visa to enter Sri Lanka. This can be obtained at arrival or in advance. And it is free of charge.
→ All Dealz for Sri Lanka