SkyTeam member Saudia surprises us with a real stunner of a fare. You can currently buy tickets from Vienna to Seoul for as little as €242. A checked bag of 23kg is included in this fare, as well as full board service (despite alcoholic beverages).
The €242 tickets are almost sold out, but you can still find decent availability for €300.
You can book these flights directly on Saudia.com or via Skyscanner. You can find these flights for departures between January and June 2024. While availability is a scattershot, you should have a decent chance of scoring the low prices on the dates we have marked in green:
Saudia uses Airbus A321 or Boeing 787 aircraft on the flights in question, with a generous 81cm seat pitch. A six-hour layover in Jeddah is necessary on both directions.
Search & Book
The fare rules give sales period for these tickets, but we expect them to be gone sooner than later. You can find these tickets for departures between January and June 2024.
You need to purchase tickets in the Guest Basic fare to get the lowest price. On some dates, only the Guest Semi-Flex is available for inbound flights, rising the price to (still pretty decent) €300.
Google Flights previews flight dates incorrectly, but reliably. Most flights previewed for €468 or €550 translate to €242 or €300 tickets on Saudia’s website.
Saudia issues these tickets in booking class T. SkyTeam frequent flyers can earn the following mileage for a round-trip:
- 11,894 Miles on Xiamen Airlines Egret Club
- 11,086 Miles on Aeromexico Club Premier
- 11,086 Miles on CSA OK Plus
- 11,086 Miles on Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles
- 11,086 Miles on Korean Air Skypass
- 11,086 Miles on Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles
- 7,392 Award Miles + 40 XP on Flying Blue
- 7,392 Miles on Delta SkyMiles
- 7,392 Miles on Aerolíneas Argentinas AerolíneasPlus
- 7,392 Miles on Air Europa Suma
- 7,392 Miles on China Airlines Dynasty Flyer
- 7,392 Miles on Etihad Guest
- 7,392 Miles on MEA Cedar Miles
- 7,392 Award Miles + 100 Tier Points on Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- 7,392 RDM + 1,478 MQD on Delta SkyMiles 2024
- 5,174 Miles on Saudia Alfursan
Cover Picture: Markus Winkler