Zimbabwe is a landlocked country in Southern Africa known for its stunning scenery and diverse fauna in parks, reserves and safari areas. Star Alliance members Egypt Air and South African Airways are currently cooperating to offer comparatively inexpensive business class flights there. Departing from Budapest, you can get tickets to Harare starting at €1,236 (~HUF 458,457) – for travel up to January 2024. The routing will take you via Cairo and Johannesburg.
Though it costs HUF 520,100 (~€1,402), we recommend booking on EgyptAir’s website. As we don’t offer a direct link to Egypt Air, our search form will forward you to our flight search, where you can book through OTAs or on some dates, can select the EgyptAir website.
First, you will fly to Cairo in an Airbus A220 aircraft, from where you will continue to Johannesburg in Boeing 787 Dreamliners (review) with lie-flat seating. The last leg is usually operated with an Airbus A320 aircraft to Harare. Once a week – on Sundays, South African Airlines also flies with an Airbus A330 with lie-flat seats.
Search & Book
The fare rules do not state how long the offer will remain available. We were able to find availability until January 2024, sometimes at a slightly higher price. The minimum stay requirement is not defined, but you can stay for a maximum of 12 months.
You can find available dates quickly and easily with the help of Google Flights (instructions). You can book the flights directly on Egypt Air’s website. To book in your country’s currency on Egypt Air’s website, you have to set the country of the page on the top right to your own country. When worldwide is selected, you’ll be charged in US dollars. Alternatively, you can book through OTAs ~€80 cheaper via the Travel-Dealz.eu flight search.
The tickets are issued in booking class J. The mileage credit looks like this:
- 27,856 Kilometers on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 23,396 Miles on Miles&More
- 23,396 Award Miles + 560 Points on Miles&More 2024
- 22,812 Points on SAS EuroBonus
- 22,800 Miles on TAP Miles & Go
- 22,800 Miles on EgyptAir Plus
- 18,144 Miles on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 17,548 Miles on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 17,548 Miles on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 17,250 Miles on Air India Flying Returns
- 14,922 Miles on Avianca LifeMiles
- 14,920 Miles on Asiana Club
- 14,920 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 14,920 Miles on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 14,920 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 14,624 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 14,622 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 14,622 Miles on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 13,132 Miles on South African Voyager
- 11,996 Award Miles + 2,002 PQP on United MileagePlus
- 1,790 Miles on Virgin Australia Velocity
- 1,790 Miles on Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- 1,790 Miles on Emirates Skywards
- 1,492 Miles on Etihad Guest
- 1,492 Miles on JetBlue TrueBlue
Hotel prices in Harare usually start at roughly €40-50, depending on the hotel category and the specific dates. Whichever category and hotel you opt for, make sure to get the best price! Our recommendation is to search on booking.com, or even on our own Travel-Dealz hotel search: