Oneworld member Qatar Airways is currently engaged in a price war with Philippine Airlines for premium passengers between Doha and Manila. While the Philippine Airlines offer is more broadly available, Qatar Airways’ fare offers more comfort and allows you to earn decent mileage with most Oneworld carriers. Prices go as low as QAR 4,000 (~€1,011) for a roundtrip.
You can also enjoy lounge access in Doha and Manila, as this is a business classic fare, including lounge access – but no seat selection.
This deal seems to be extended on a weekly basis. It is currently set to expire on October 1, 2023.
Our availability calendar highlights all possible flight dates at the lowest price for trips up to 21 days. It will forward you to Qatar Airways with your selected flight dates.
As mentioned previously, non-stop business class flights with Philippine Airlines are also available for €945 through OTAs and slightly more than €1,000 with the airline.
Qatar Airways uses Boeing 777-300ER aircraft between Doha and Manila. Roughly 2/3 of these aircraft are equipped with QSuites. That means you have a decent chance of ending up in the self-proclaimed world’s best business class.
This deal gets even more attractive when considering that Pegasus Airlines is currently selling very cheap flights from Europe to Doha:
Search & Book
The fare rules state these tickets are on sale until October 1, 2023. You need to stay at least 5 days in Manila to get the lowest fare, while a maximum stay of three months applies. Availability for these flights is generally pretty good in October and November 2023 and goes straight to brilliant in January und February 2024.
Google Flights helps you find additional flight dates and also show you availabilities of Philippine Airlines’ offer. We recommend purchasing tickets directly from Qatar Airways, since it is the safest and cheapest option.
In this case, booking through the airline comes with an additional advantage: You can see on which flights the airline promises a Qsuite cabin.
Please be aware that the airline can still switch equipment on short notice. In this case, you cannot be reimbursed, since you purchased a business class ticket, not a Qsuite ticket.
Qatar Airways issues these tickets in booking class R. Oneworld frequent flyers can earn the following mileage:
- 20,376 Award Miles + 11,320 Elite Qualifying Miles on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 18,218 Points on Finnair Plus
- 13,584 Miles on American AAdvantage
- 11,320 Avios + 280 Tier Points on British Airways Executive Club
- 11,320 Avios + 70 Qpoints on Qatar Privilege Club
- 11,320 Avios + 1,000 Elite Points on Iberia Plus
- 11,320 AsiaMiles + 120 Club Points on Asia Miles
- 11,320 Miles on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 11,320 Points on JetBlue TrueBlue
- 11,320 Award Miles on LATAM Pass
- 11,320 Miles on MEA Cedar Miles
- 11,320 Miles on Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer
- 11,320 Miles on Royal Jordanian Royal Club
- 11,320 Award Miles on Oman Air Sindbad
- 9,056 Award Miles on Bangkok Airways FlyerBonus
- 9,056 Points + 16 Elite Points on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 9,056 Miles on SriLankan FlySmiLes
Hotels in Manila usually cost between €35 and €110, depending on the hotel category. Whichever category and hotel you opt for, make sure to get the best price! Our recommendation is searching on booking.com, or even on our own Travel-Dealz hotel search:
Information & Tips for Manila
Manila, the capital of the Philippines, is a densely populated city. It is located on a bay on the island of Luzon. Here Spanish colonial architecture blends with modern skyscrapers.
Best Time to Visit
Best time to visit Manila is from November to March. The summer months which are from April to June are quite hot and humid and are not preferable to roam in the city.
→ All Dealz for Manila
Inspired by YHBU!