Good news for all frequent travellers with a status at Miles&More, SAS Eurobonus or Finnair Plus: The Latvian airline airBaltic is offering you a status match to their highest tier VIP! That will grant you lounge access, among other benefits.
To participate, you just have to register at airBaltic’s frequent flyer program airBaltic Club and send an email with a picture of your current status card, as well as a miles statement to info@airBalticclub.com.
The following statuses will be matched:
- Finnair Plus: Gold, Platinum, and PIatinum Lumo
- SAS Eurobonus: Gold and Diamond
- Miles&More: Senator and HON Circle
You’d be getting airBaltic Club’s VIP status, their highest available tier.
The status match is only possible once for every customer. It is also a requirement, that you got your current status by actually flying, and not through another status match.
airBaltic Club VIP
The airBaltic Club VIP status is the highest tier at airBaltic. Normally, you’d need 60 airBaltic flights, where Business Class flights count double. It brings you the following benefits:
- Free seat reservation
- Business Class check-in, regardless of your ticket’s class
- Fast-Lane in Riga (incl. guest)
- Lounge-access (incl. guest)
- 2 carry-ons
- 1 additional piece of luggage in all fares except GREEN
- Miles don’t expire
- 2 upgrade-certificates (apparently even with this status match!)
As airBaltic doesn’t belong to any alliance, there sadly aren’t any benefits at other airlines. This means that the status is only worth something if you’re actually planning on flying with airBaltic. The airline, however, does often offer good deals, especially to northern and eastern Europe.
Cover Picture: © Pixabay-User johanwiden69 under pixabay license