The Spanish SkyTeam airline Air Europa is currently again offering very attractive fares for open-jaw flights to North, Central, and South America. If you combine a one-way flight from Madrid to Bogotá with a return flight from New York to Munich, the tickets cost only €220.
Similarly, many other combinations with the destinations Bogota, New York, Miami, Buenos Aires, Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic), Sao Paulo, Panama, Cancún, Salvador, and possibly others are possible. Some combinations work, others don’t – there is no clear scheme. We have therefore listed some examples below.
Please note that the prices mentioned only include hand luggage and personal items. If you want to travel with luggage, you can book the fare including 23 kg luggage on AirEuropa.com.
Your trip can begin and end in two of these cities (not in the same country):
Furthermore, your trip has to include a destination in Brazil or the USA.
We were able to find the following combinations:
- Madrid – Buenos Aires | Miami – Porto at €196
- Madrid – New York | New York – Porto at €206
- Madrid – Sao Paulo | Miami – Zurich at €217
- Madrid – New York | New York – Frankfurt at €218
- Madrid – Bogotá | New York – Munich at €219
- Madrid – New York | New York – Milan at €222
- Madrid – New York | New York – Rome at €222
- Rome – New York | New York – Madrid at €225
- Bilbao – New York | New York – Milan at €232
- Milan – New York | New York – Malaga at €233
- Madrid – Miami | Panama – Munich at €235
- Madrid – Santo Domingo | New York – Frankfurt at €236
- Madrid – Sao Paulo | Sao Paulo – Frankfurt at €239
- Madrid – Panama | New York – Frankfurt at €252
- Barcelona – Cancún | New York – Dusseldorf at €260
- Madrid – Salvador | Salvador – Zurich at €264
- Ibiza – Miami | Panama – Zurich at €268
- Munich – New York | New York – Valencia at €268
- Madrid – Buenos Aires | Miami – Dusseldorf at €271
- Zurich – New York | New York – Lisbon at €282
- Zurich – New York | New York – Brussels at €290
- and many more
You have to change planes once in each direction in Madrid. Air Europa operates flights from Europe to Madrid with Embraer 190 or Boeing 737 aircraft. Almost exclusively, Boeing 787 Dreamliners are planned for long-haul routes.
Search & Book
According to the fare rules, the offer is valid until September 26, 2021. Last time the prices were raised again after a few hours, so don’t hesitate too long. Availabilities could be found from February to June 2022. Apparently, there is no minimum stay.
To search for availabilities, we recommend using Google Flights (instructions). The practical calendar search does not work for open-jaw flights, but you can just play around with the dates and see directly whether cheap tickets are available.
The booking class is Z. The flights shown in the screenshot will roughly get you the following mileage credits:
- 2,990 Miles on Xiamen Airlines Egret Club
- 1,858 Miles on MEA Cedar Miles
- 1,858 Miles on Saudia Alfursan
- 1,858 Miles on Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles
- 1,115 Award Miles + 25 XP on Flying Blue
When it comes to hotels, you shouldn’t just rely on the cheapest price, but also take special advantage of vouchers and promotions. Here is a current overview of vouchers:
Cover Picture: © Air Europa