The chances for “cheap” Air France first class tickets have always been low in the last few years. Even when there were so-called Error Fares, they were often later on downgraded to business class, and refunds were hard to get. This deal is rather unclear as a first class roundtrip for €1,800 is nothing that unusual for other airlines such as British Airways or the Lufthansa Group. Thus, though it is a cheap La Premiere ticket, it may not be downgraded later on.
If you want to try your luck, you can currently book a roundtrip from New York to Istanbul for €1,811. Alternatively, you could also depart from Los Angeles for €2,175. The long-haul flights are then in La Premiere first class onboard a Boeing 777. The connecting flight to Istanbul, however, is in economy class after spending the night in Paris.
This deal is no longer available.
Before booking this deal, you should consider the following aspects:
- The USA still has an entry-ban going. It is unclear when it will be lifted.
- This is probably an economy class fare, which is mistakenly being displayed as a La Premiere fare. On Air France’s website, however, it clearly shows La Premiere. If you’re downgraded, you’d be entitled to a compensation of 75% or a full refund.
- In the last years, similar Air France deals were almost always canceled.
- The flight from Paris to Istanbul is in economy class.
- Cancelations are not permitted. You can merely rebook the flights as part of the Corona goodwill policies, without paying a rebooking fee. Changing the route or travel class is also possible, but you’ll have to pay the fare difference.
Multi-stop-flights are also possible (e.g. New York – Istanbul – Los Angeles) for roughly €2,000. You can find these by using the multistop-search on Air France’s website.
Search & Book
The fare rules do not state an expiration date for this deal. It is, however, likely that this deal won’t remain available for long. There’s availability from February until November 2021.
The minimum stay requirement is of 3 days, without a maximum limit. You could thus plan a long “stay” in Istanbul and fly back to the USA many months later.
You can find available dates quickly and easily using Google Flights. You can then book on Air France’s website. You can’t use Google’s link to Air France, as this brings you to an economy connection.
- 110 XP (status points)
- 6,400 award miles (revenue-based, depending on the status with up to 100% bonus)
Alternatively, you could also credit your miles at the following programs:
- 30,390 Award Miles + 420 Tier Points on Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- 23,250 Miles on CSA OK Plus
- 23,140 RDM + 17,278 MQM on Delta SkyMiles
- 23,140 Miles on Aerolíneas Argentinas AerolíneasPlus
- 23,140 RDM + 4,766 MQD on Delta SkyMiles 2024
- 20,632 Award Miles on Etihad Guest
- 19,516 Miles on Saudia Alfursan
- 15,890 Miles on MEA Cedar Miles
- 15,890 Miles on GOL Aéreos Smiles
- 15,890 Miles on Air Europa Suma
- 14,078 Miles on Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles
- 13,352 Miles on Korean Air Skypass
- 12,266 Miles on Aeromexico Club Premier
- 12,266 Miles on Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles
- 6,828 Points on Malaysia Airlines Enrich