Today, we bring you a deal from Budapest to Johannesburg, allowing you to enjoy the comfort of business class on Star Alliance member EgyptAir. Experience the gateway to Southern Africa and enjoy the wildlife of Kruger National Park and all the other attractions that South Africa has to offer. This fare includes two checked bags weighing 32 kilograms each, as well as two pieces of hand baggage plus a personal item.
Departing from Budapest, you can get tickets to Johannesburg starting at €1,221 (~HUF 462,229) for travel between December and May 2024.
Until the end of March, EgyptAir deploys Airbus A330 planes on the long-haul flights from Cairo to Johannesburg. Those feature angled-flat-seats in business class. From April onward, EgyptAir switches to Boeing 787-9 aircraft. While tickets are €100 more expensive, these planes feature lie-flat-seats with an increased level of comfort.
Our availability calendar highlights all possible flight dates at the lowest price for trips up to 28 days. It will provide you with the selected flight dates. With this deal, you can also check with Online Travel Agencies (OTAs) that offer about €90 cheaper fares compared to booking directly from EgyptAir website.
First, you will fly to Cairo in a Boeing 737 with a 2-2 configuration in Business Class, offering a comfortable 122 cm pitch for stretching your legs. For the second leg, you will fly in an Airbus A330 with a 2-2-2 configuration and angled-flat seats. If you are curious about the experience, you can read more in our review.
Please be aware that EgyptAir is a dry airline that does not serve alcoholic beverages on their aircraft or in their lounges. However, you are welcome to consume your own beer, wine, and spirits onboard.
Search & Book
To search and book this deal, please note that this fare will expire on December 31, 2023. We have found availability from December to May 2024, sometimes at a slightly higher price. There is no minimum stay requirement in this fare.
You can find available dates quickly and easily with the help of Google Flights (instructions). You can book the flights directly on Egypt Air’s website. To book in your country’s currency on Egypt Air’s website, you have to set the country of the page on the top right to Hungary. When worldwide is selected, you’ll be charged in Hungarian Forints. Alternatively, you can book through OTAs ~€80 cheaper via the travel-dealz flight search.
The tickets are issued in booking class Z. The mileage credit looks like this:
- 21,012 Points on SAS EuroBonus
- 21,012 Miles on TAP Miles&Go
- 21,012 Miles on Egyptair Plus
- 15,760 Miles on Miles&More
- 15,760 Miles on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 15,760 Award Miles + 480 Points on Miles&More 2024
- 15,760 Miles on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 15,760 Miles on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 13,132 Miles on Asiana Club
- 13,132 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 13,132 Miles on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 13,132 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 13,132 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 13,132 Award Miles + 10,506 Tier Miles on Avianca LifeMiles
- 10,506 Award Miles + 1,754 PQP on United MileagePlus
- 10,506 Miles on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 10,506 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
Cover Picture: © UTOPIA